- Our members tell us they have experienced much success through the various referral opportunities. The Porterville Chamber receives hundreds of requests monthly for services and products in our area. Calls come from residents, members, businesses, people contemplating relocation to our community, and companies interested in opening businesses. Referrals are only made to Chamber members, and each month we send postcards to those members receiving single or multiple referrals. We want to let you know that we're working for you!
- Relocation packets and event information bags are another source of referrals. As a member, you can provide us with promotional information/items to be placed in one of the hundreds of relocation packets or thousands of community information bags prepared annually.
- Coming into personal contact with potential customers is key to building any successful business. As a member of the Chamber, we initially bring the people to you and then provide many opportunities for you to join with other members. When you join the Chamber, we work with you to schedule a Ribbon Cutting at your place of business. Members of the Ambassador Team and Board of Directors come out to meet and welcome you to the Chamber family. The brief ceremony includes a chance for you to address the group and promote your business. The ribbon cutting photograph then appears in the Business News, thus providing you with additional marketing.
- Doing business in a social environment has its rewards. The monthly Chamber Mixers have proven to be a successful method through which members meet many people, hand out their business cards and gather the cards of others. Also, as a new member, you are introduced at your first Mixer and you wear a special new member ribbon for your first three months, so everyone will seek you out and you'll make more of those important business contacts.
- Of course there are many more networking opportunities awaiting you at workshops, meetings, special events, and other Chamber activities.
- Opportunities for advertising are available through a number of avenues. The Chamber's monthly newsletter, Business News, offers not only advertising space, but also the option of including a full-page newsletter insert to promote your business or a special new product or service. The Business Directory is an advertising guide which the Chamber includes as a monthly insert in the Business News. Monthly advertising in this publication is available to all members for a nominal annual fee.
- All proud Chamber members receive a complimentary listing under their appropriate category on the Chamber's website. A low-cost, direct link to your own website is also available. Likewise, your business is listed in the Community Fact Book & Buyer's Guide, which is normally published every two years. Additional, paid advertising opportunities are available in this publication which has a distribution of over 10,000 local households. Another 5,000 books are given out to prospective businesses and residents. The Porterville Map, which is published by the Chamber, provides yet another advertising opportunity for our members.
- Sponsorship of a business or community oriented event is another way you can reap the many benefits of advertising through the Chamber. Depending upon the event, your business name/logo is placed on event brochures, posters, programs, and signboards. And, in most instances you can hang a banner at the event itself.
OTHER MEMBERSHIP BENEFITS:
- Chamber membership is a deductible business expense, one with a great return on the investment you make. Your membership plaque on the wall will make a statement to your customers and associates. You're telling them that you are part of a long-standing, reputable business organization, and you care about your business, the local economy, and the community in which you live.